https://powerplugltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/PowerPlug082.png 901 925 nimrody https://powerplugltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/powerplug-logo.png nimrody2013-07-30 11:47:352016-02-14 16:47:08Jul 30 – PowerPlug Launches PowerPlug Pro 3.1, Maximizing Energy Savings for Organizations
We are proud to announce the general availability of PowerPlug Pro version 3.1, for PC power management and energy savings in organizations.
What’s new in version 3.1:
- Dashboard (“Home”) Tab – The new Dashboard is an easy to read, real-time user interface, showing a graphical presentation of current status and historical trends of key Power Management indicators to enable informed decisions to be made at a glance.
- Power Plans preview – The redesigned Power Plans tab shows detailed description of each Power Savings Plan. A new Savings Rating Chart displays the projected efficiency of the Power Plan and rates the Power Plan on a scale of A to G based on the Plan’s definition.
- Power Plan Assignments screen – Analyzes which computers are actually associated to each Power Savings Plan and allows assigning unassigned computers easily.
- Windows 8 and Windows 2012 support – Server and Agent can be safely installed on Windows 8 and Windows 2012. SQL Server 2012 express is installed on new operating systems.
- Emissions and Environmental Impact Report – Shows CO2 emissions and the influence Power Savings can have on the environment.
- Power Management Compatibility Report – Displays Operating Systems and supported standby modes (Sleep & Hibernate) for installed computers.
- Scheduled WOL (Wake On LAN) – When adding wake up schedules to a Power Plan, PowerPlug now sends a WOL request for each computer that’s assigned to the Power Plan when the schedule is triggered.
- Custom conditions – By adding custom scripts and associating them with Power Events, customers can use custom conditions that prevent computers from moving to standby mode.
- Restore Microsoft Outlook items – this option re-opens Outlook items that were open before moving to standby. Any unsaved data is first saved to the Drafts folder.
- Encryption & Security Enhancements – PowerPlug configuration files are encrypted using a strong AES encryption. The encryption prevents manual tampering and ensures that only permitted users can write configuration files.
- Wakeup Portal – added a search box for searching computers by name.
- New “Manage Scripts” permission – This permission allows users to edit scripts in the Scripts Library screen.